Metal Additive Deposition (MAD)
Our NVLABS division is developing systems for printing metal parts. These systems combine the NVPro platform with metals print heads that utilize our MAD process. The patent-pending MAD process has many advantages over competing solutions. These include:
- MAD uses ordinary wire rather than powders, lowering materials costs by over 90%;
- Material deposition rates are up to 10x faster than competing techniques;
- The process efficiently focuses melt-energy, dramatically reducing power consumption;
- MAD does not require a vacuum or high temperature chamber, reducing machine size and cost;
- The MAD process has been demonstrated with 21 different metals, greatly increasing material choices for manufacturers and designers; and
- MAD will enable production of multi-metal parts.
Research: Making the Impossible a Reality
NVLABS was founded with a simple mission: to provide fully automated solutions that enable manufacturers and designers to make production quality parts faster and cheaper than any other additive manufacturing system in the world. We stand at the intersection of advanced metal processing, cloud software, machine learning and hardware design – pushing the limits of what’s possible in Ultra-High Speed, Multi-Metal 3D Printing. Our vision is a future where anyone can make any part, in any material, any time, anywhere. We’ll keep working until that future is a reality.